StataCorp Stata 14.2是一款完全集成的统计软件，提供数据分析，数据管理和图形所需的一切功能。帮助用户分析、管理和生成图形可视化数据。软件主要用于经济学、生物医学和政治科学领域，帮助研究人员检查数据模式。它同时具有命令行和图形用户界面，使得软件使用起来更加直观。
综合统计工具StataCorp Stata 14.2 2016在全球范围内被广泛应用于企业和学术机构中。许多使用者工作在研究领域，特别是在经济学、社会学、政治学及流行病学领域。
综合统计工具StataCorp Stata 14.2 2016新功能说明：
1. estat gof, after fitting a model with an overidentified mean structure using gsem, overestimated the value of SRMR. estat gof no longer includes the modeled means when calculating SRMR. The old behavior is not preserved under version control.
2. margins has the following fixes:
- margins after stcrreg and with option vce(unconditional) incorrectly exited with an error. This has been fixed.
- margins after svy with multilevel weights exited with error message "svyset characteristics disagree with svy estimation results" even when the svyset characteristics were not changed. This has been fixed.
3. Mata function _docx_new(), when called after _docx_new_table(), cleared previously returned table ID codes. This prevented tables that were created before _docx_new() was called from being edited or added to the document. This has been fixed.
4. Mata function fillStataMatrix(name, colnames, rownames) incorrectly filled the first row of the table with the matrix rownames of the matrix when the colnames argument was not 0. This has been fixed.
5. Mata function lnmvnormalden(M,V,X) exited with error message "conformability error" when M and X were void vectors and V was a 0 x 0 matrix. lnmvnormalden() now returns a 0 x 0 matrix in this case.
6. Mata functions lnwishartden(df,V,X) and lniwishartden(df,V,X) exited with error message "conformability error" when V and X were 0 x 0 matrices. lnwishartden() and lniwishartden() now return a 0 x 0 matrix in this case.
7. power twoproportions has the following change in behavior and fix:
- power twoproportions with option test(fisher), when either the control-group or the experimental-group sample size is larger than 1,000, reported a missing value. It now exits with error message "failure to compute power".
- power twoproportions with option test(fisher), when the total sample size is larger than 1,028 and both the control-group and experimental-group sample sizes are smaller than or equal to 1,000, underestimated the power. It now exits with error message "failure to compute power".